Evolution of a Community: 1972 Exhibition Records
- Scope and Contents
- The records of the Evolution of a Community: 1972 Exhibition presented by the Anacostia Community Museum measure 2.26 cubic feet and date from 1898 to 1988. Included are exhibit administrative files, lists of images, press releases for the promotion of the exhibit, oral history transcripts and permission forms, and extensive research files into the Anacostia community in southeast Washington D.C. Exhibit Records include an outline for exhibit themes and proposed layouts, administrative files that include work plans and meeting notes, lists of exhibit images, promotional press releases, and related correspondence. Subjects relate to project management and community engagement. Oral History of Anacostia Project Files include transcripts of the audio collected from the Oral History of Anacostia Project. This includes a list of interviewees and their interviewers. Neighborhood Background Research Files represent two-thirds of the collection. Research files include news clippings, publications, unpublished articles, project files, and research material. Subjects include local figures and the Barry's Farm neighborhood, unpublished historical narratives, and project records related to archaeological investigations and neighborhood development programs.
- Historical Note
- An exhibition on history of the Anacostia neighborhood of Washington D.C. post-World War II. The show was organized by the Anacostia Neighborhood Museum (now the Anacostia Community Museum) and held there from January 1, 1972 to December 31, 1972.
- 2.26 Cubic feet (1 box, 1 oversized box.)
- Records of the Evolution of a Community: 1972 Exhibition were created by the Anacostia Community Museum.
- Collection items available for reproduction, but the Archives makes no guarantees concerning copyright restrictions. Other intellectual property rights may apply. Archives cost-recovery and use fees may apply when requesting reproductions.
- Evolution of a Community: 1972 Exhibition Records, Anacostia Community Museum Archives, Smithsonian Institution.
- Collection descriptions
- Archival materials
- Exhibition catalogs
- Contact sheets
- Photographic prints
- Exhibition records
- Museum exhibits
- African American neighborhoods
- African Americans
- Anacostia (Washington, D.C.)
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
EAD Collection Results2 result(s) Skip to facets for narrowing search results
- Evolution of a Community Audiovisual Records
- Evolution of a Community: Tearing Down Exhibition Displays
- Resource Type
- filter Evolution of a Community: 1972 Exhibition Records 2 Exclude Evolution of a Community: 1972 Exhibition Records
- filter Evolution of a Community: 1972 Exhibition Records / Series ACMA AV03-040: Evolution of a Community Audiovisual Records 1 Exclude Evolution of a Community: 1972 Exhibition Records / Series ACMA AV03-040: Evolution of a Community Audiovisual Records
- filter African Americans 2 Exclude African Americans
- filter Museum exhibits 2 Exclude Museum exhibits
- filter African American neighborhoods 1 Exclude African American neighborhoods
- filter Community museums 1 Exclude Community museums
- filter Museum techniques 1 Exclude Museum techniques
- filter Museums and community 1 Exclude Museums and community
- Metadata Usage