Museum Events, Programs, and Projects, 1967-1989
- Scope and Contents note
- This collection contains video and audio recordings of events, talks, and ceremonies hosted at or by the Anacostia Community Museum. It also contains audiovisual PR materials for the museum and its events. The collection includes recordings of a wide array of events, including the opening of the Anacostia Community Museum, award and dedication ceremonies, and documentation of on- and off-site events and talks, such as recordings of lectures and sermons delivered by founding Museum Director John Kinard.
- 12 Linear feet
- 392 Sound recordings (50 open reel 1/4" sound recordings ; 5 microcassette sound recordings ; 337 audio cassette sound recordings)
- 266 Video recordings (1 Super 8 film reel ; 152 open reel 1/2" video recordings ; 3 U-matic 3/4" video recordings ; 110 VHS 1/2" video recordings)
- Anacostia Community Museum Programs and Projects, 1967-1989, Anacostia Community Museum Archives, Smithsonian Institution.
- Collection descriptions
- Archival materials
- Sound recordings
- Video recordings
- Museum records
- Anacostia (Washington, D.C.)
- African American
- Many of the video recordings originally recorded onto 1/2" open reel were transferred to VHS in 1990.
EAD Collection Results1 result(s) Skip to facets for narrowing search results
- Resource Type
- Set Name
- Metadata Usage