- Charles Smith
- concrete wire mixed media
- 67 x 32 x 13 in. (170.2 x 81.3 x 33 cm)
- Cite As
- The Kohler Foundation Collection, Anacostia Community Museum, Smithsonian Institution, gift of the Kohler Foundation.
- A statement from the artist: "This is part of the Sankofa series that discusses the wisdom of the female structure in God, self, family, community and society. The Sankofa proverb states that 'you can't go forward until you look back."
- Accession Number
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Data Source
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Metadata Usage
- Not determined
- Record ID
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.