- Charles Smith
- mixed media concrete
- 31 x 15 x 18 in. (78.7 x 38.1 x 45.7 cm)
- Cite As
- The Kohler Foundation Collection, Anacostia Community Museum, Smithsonian Institution, gift of the Kohler Foundation.
- A statement from the artist: "African Americans who practice the craft of costume making during the New Orleans Mardi Gras are exceptionally gifted. They work on these costumes all year long and some of them can weigh as much as 100 lbs. During Mardi Gras in New Orleans, and throughout Louisiana, these costumes are exhibited in carnivals, masquerade balls, and parades."
- Accession Number
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Data Source
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Metadata Usage
- Not determined
- Record ID
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.