Underground Railroad - Glennette Tilley Turner
- Charles Smith
- mixed media cement
- 45 x 24 x 11 in. (114.3 x 61 x 27.9 cm)
- Cite As
- The Kohler Foundation Collection, Anacostia Community Museum, Smithsonian Institution, gift of the Kohler Foundation.
- A statement from the artist: "Mother Glynette Turner is a community historian who shares information about the African Americans of Aurora, Illinois. She helps to keep the legacies of the ancestors intact, respected, and understood. This Underground Railroad series is the most requested among my works."
- Accession Number
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Data Source
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Metadata Usage
- Not determined
- Record ID
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.