- Charles Smith
- mixed media cement
- 32 x 21 x 7 in. (81.3 x 53.3 x 17.8 cm)
- Cite As
- The Kohler Foundation Collection, Anacostia Community Museum, Smithsonian Institution, gift of the Kohler Foundation.
- A statement from the artist: "Africans brought to the American shores were bound by chains and delivered to auction sites to be sold. This was the beginning of the destruction of the African family and the parents' worst nightmare. They were sold separately from their children."
- Accession Number
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Data Source
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Metadata Usage
- Not determined
- Record ID
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.