Small Round Basket with God’s Eye
- Ira Blount
- wood splint, reed,
- 4 3/16 × 4 13/16 × 4 3/4 in. (10.7 × 12.3 × 12 cm)
- Cite As
- Gift of Ira Blount
- This small round reed and wood splint basket is characteristic of much of artist Ira Blount’s basketry work—it is natural-colored, woven, and has a God’s Eye design at the handle.
- After moving to Washington, DC following World War II, Ira Blount mastered dozens of artisanal crafts. His love for crafting, learning, and community engagement would endure over the course of his long life and career.
- Accession Number
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Data Source
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Restrictions & Rights
- Metadata Usage
- Record ID
This media is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.