Basket with God’s Eye and Handle
- Between 1980 and 2011
- wood splint, reed, dye
- 11 13/16 × 12 1/2 × 12 3/4 in. (30 × 31.7 × 32.4 cm)
- Cite As
- Gift of Ira Blount
- This round basket uses brown, round reeds and wood splints woven in a plain weave. The wood handle is attached with a God’s Eye design and is covered with a plain weave with a reed weft.
- After moving to Washington, DC following World War II, Ira Blount mastered dozens of artisanal crafts. His love for crafting, learning, and community engagement would endure over the course of his long life and career.
- Accession Number
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Data Source
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Restrictions & Rights
- Metadata Usage
- Record ID
This media is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.