Origami Crane with Ferns and Plants
- Ira Blount
- late 20th-early 21st Century
- origami paper, folded
- 4 1/8 × 3 5/8 × 2 1/4 in. (10.5 × 9.2 × 5.7 cm)
- Cite As
- Gift of Ira Blount
- In this busy print, green, purple, white, yellow, and blue plants are outlined by metallic gold. Though the print is identical to another origami crane folded by artist Ira Blount (2011.0004.0084), comparing the two paper sculptures draws the viewer’s attention to the way creases and folds highlight different elements of the print including shapes, colors, and patterns.
- After moving to Washington, DC following World War II, Ira Blount mastered dozens of artisanal crafts. His love for crafting, learning, and community engagement would endure over the course of his long life and career.
- Accession Number
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Data Source
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Restrictions & Rights
- Metadata Usage
- Record ID
This media is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.