Mounted Origami Crane with Gold Ribbon
- Ira Blount
- origami paper, blotting paper
- 4 13/16 × 3 3/4 in. (12.3 × 9.5 cm)
- Cite As
- Gift of Ira Blount
- A colorful origami crane is mounted on watercolor paper with a natural deckle edge. Gold metallic cord attaches to the bird’s back, a feature which could have enabled the object to be hung and displayed. The upward streaming of the cord creates a sense of motion and flight. This detail draws attention to the various methods of viewing and exhibiting origami.
- After moving to Washington, DC following World War II, Ira Blount mastered dozens of artisanal crafts. His love for crafting, learning, and community engagement would endure over the course of his long life and career.
- Accession Number
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Data Source
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Restrictions & Rights
- Metadata Usage
- Record ID
This media is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.