- BK Adams
- acrylic and mixed media on canvas
- 8 × 9 15/16 × 13/16 in. (20.3 × 25.2 × 2 cm)
- A small blue airplane made of metal flies north over an abstract field of teal spattered with yellow, blue, violet, and red acrylic paint. Chaotic, intersecting dots and lines in this drip painting approximate a bird’s-eye view of the Earth from a plane, recalling a deconstructed map. The work’s bright palette, found objects, and mixed media are characteristic of Washington, DC artist BK Adams’s playful and expressionistic style. This work also holds a personal connection to the Anacostia Community Museum: the inscription on the back is to Sharon Reinckens, who served the museum as Deputy Director, among other roles.
- Accession Number
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Data Source
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Metadata Usage
- Not determined
- Record ID
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.