A Master Dee-Gree in Drumology!
- late 20th Century
- 13 7/16 × 11 9/16 in. (34.2 × 29.3 cm)
- Cite As
- Anacostia Community Museum, Smithsonian Institution.
- A caricature of a man wearing a beanie and playing bongo drums humorously questions credentialization and higher education. He points to a red rectangle and a list of numbers, while text to the left of the figure reads, “A Master Dee-Gree in Drumology!” The item is part of a collection associated with the New Thing Art & Architecture Center, a community arts space in the Adams Morgan neighborhood of Washington, DC. This predominantly black and sepia-tone image, likely used to promote a drum class, considers how art and music can inspire radical, transformational change, particularly when nurtured by grassroots organizations working outside traditional institutional spaces.
- Accession Number
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Data Source
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Metadata Usage
- Not determined
- Record ID
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.