New Thing Calendar Artboard, June '69
- photomechanical print on paper mounted to paperboard
- 11 × 10 15/16 × 1/16 in. (27.9 × 27.8 × 0.1 cm)
- Cite As
- Anacostia Community Museum, Smithsonian Institution.
- This photograph, produced by Tom Zetterstrom for the New Thing Art & Architecture Center, foregrounds a group of children experimenting with a camera – both subjects and creators of the image. The New Thing was particularly focused on education in the arts at a grassroots level, running workshops and, as advertised in the calendar, a summer program for children in the Adams Morgan neighborhood of Washington, D.C. Presented with the Langston Hughes poem, 'Youth,' the artboard reimagines the childhood experience of summer in the city.
- Accession Number
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Data Source
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Metadata Usage
- Not determined
- Record ID
International media Interoperability Framework
IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.