Pinback Button, "Peggy Shepard"
- metal, plastic, paper
- 3/8 × 2 5/16 in. (1 × 5.9 cm)
- Cite As
- Gift of Vernice D. Miller-Travis
- This round pinback button in white and teal expressed support for Peggy Shepard/s candidacy for a set on the New York City Council in 1991. Shepar, long-time activist and co-founder of WE ACT for Environmental Justice, lost the nomination in the Democratic primary on that year.
- The button is among more than 200 collected by Washington, DC-based environmental justice advocate Vernice Miller-Travis.
- Museum staff are continuously researching and improving collection records. If you have more information about this object, please contact us at ACMcollections@si.edu, including the object's Accession Number.
- Accession Number
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Data Source
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Metadata Usage
- Not determined
- Record ID