Pinback Button, "DSA"
- metal, plastic, paper
- 1/4 × 1 3/4 in. (0.6 × 4.4 cm)
- Cite As
- Gift of the Family of Howard Croft
- This round pinback button promoted the Democratic Socialists of America. The pin features the political organization’s logo above black lettering reading “DSA”. DSA was founded in 1982 with the merger of the Democratic Socialist Organizing Committee and the New American Movement. Its logo was drawn from the fist and rose emblem used by the DSOC and other socialist parties, but the fist was replaced by a biracial handshake.
- The button is among more than 200 collected by longtime Anacostia resident and social justice advocate Howard Croft.
- Museum staff are continuously researching and improving collection records. If you have more information about this object, please contact us at ACMcollections@si.edu, including the object's Accession Number.
- Accession Number
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Data Source
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Metadata Usage
- Not determined
- Record ID