Pinback Button, "1966 World Series"
- metal, resin, ink
- 1/4 × 1 in. (0.7 × 2.6 cm)
- Cite As
- Gift of the Family of Howard Croft
- This round lapel pin commemorates the Baltimore Orioles’ 1966 World Series win. The pin, in golden metal with a butterfly clutch on the back, features a drawing of the Oriole bird mascot at the center in orange and black against white. Golden lettering on a black background reads “1966 World Series · Baltimore” around the rim. This was the first of three World Series championships for the baseball team.
- The button is among more than 200 collected by longtime Anacostia resident and social justice advocate Howard Croft.
- Museum staff are continuously researching and improving collection records. If you have more information about this object, please contact us at ACMcollections@si.edu, including the object's Accession Number.
- Accession Number
- See more items in
- Anacostia Community Museum Collection
- Data Source
- Anacostia Community Museum
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Metadata Usage
- Not determined
- Record ID